- Week 1 summary: look at me, I’m collecting stuff
- Week 2 summary: how invasive is surveillance?
- Week 3 Summary: 140 keystrokes? Please!
- Week 4 summary: Curators or Tomb Raiders?
- Week 5 (non) summary: On the road again
- Week 6 summary: first thoughts on digital ethnography
- Week 7 summary: pondering Haraway
- Week 8 summary: posthuman kleshas
- Week 11 summary: Authority
- Week 9 summary: (re)cognising the cognisphere
- Week 10 summary: embracing the uncanny
- Week 12: lifestream summary
Well, I am enjoying myself collecting things for my lifestream, though my collecting is still very experimental as I am not sure a) what to collect or b) why I am collecting (other than because it says I should in the handbook). However the pleasure of collecting has already superseded the desire for obedience, so I feel like I am amassing baubles and trinkets. Which made me think of magpies “oh shiney” and then bower birds:
Bower birds and magpies have good reasons for their obsessive collection of pretty things – they do it to attract a mate. Is that our reason? Are we just trying to attract attention? I suspect this is the main reason for almost everything we do online (apart from education of course).